The benefits of having an allotment
There are lots of reasons to have an allotment.
- Get a great sense of achievement from growing your own food
- Have a healthier diet
- Access to a cheap source and variety of fresh fruit and vegetables
- Can make you healthier, provide good exercise, help reduce your stress and blood pressure
- Your food will have less contact with pesticides etc if you grow organically and generally tastes better than shop bought
- An opportunity to spend time outside enjoying nature
- It will increase your general well-being and give your mind something positive to focus on
- A chance to escape the pressures of modern living
- The opportunity to learn something new
- Get a sense of community spirit and the opportunity to meet people from all walks of life in Hook making new friends and contacts
- Finally, if you have children, it is great thing to do with them and show them where food comes from.
- Please contact us if you would like arrange a visit. We arrange these on the first Sunday of each month